Initiate an eConsult to the Ontario eConsult Service Directly from your EMR via Ocean
The Ontario eServices Program and our partners at Ontario Health and Ocean by CognisantMD are excited to announce a new integration which enables clinicians to send eConsults to the Ontario eConsult Service on the OTNhub.ca directly from their integrated EMR via Ocean.
Improving workflow for sending eConsults
The “Ontario eConsult Service” is now available on the OceanHealthMap allowing clinicians to initiate an eConsult using Ocean to submit through to the OTNhub.
Send an eConsult to the Ontario eConsult Service on the OTNhub.ca, directly from your integrated EMR via Ocean, with the seamless flow of patient information and attachments, using the same workflow and EMR integrations available for Ocean eReferral
- Streamlined workflow allows clinicians to submit eConsults easily, quickly, and independently, using the same reliable workflow used for Ocean eReferral.
- Eliminates the manual entry of patient information, when submitting directly from an integrated EMR, saving the requesting clinician time and significantly reducing the overall transcription effort.
- Automation of the flow of patient information and attachments from your EMR to OTNhub via Ocean, reduces the number of manual steps required and enhances patient safety and the accuracy of information.
Get Started Today:
- Are you already using both the Ontario eConsult on the OTNhub and Ocean eReferral? Get started today by following your existing eReferral workflow and searching for the “Ontario eConsult Service” in the Ocean Healthmap.
- Need support getting set up with an OTNhub and/or Ocean account? Want additional information or training? Fill out our intake form or contact us at eServicesProgram@toh.ca.